Sunday 31 August 2014

Who am I?

A very short post to introduce myself.
I was born in 1960, a good year I reckon and in July which I reckon is pretty perfect.  Not only is it summer time, but being half way through the year I always have a pretty even wait between Christmas and birthday.  Now my brother was born in early January and I've always thought what a long wait he has for Christmas to come around again.
Three grown up children and 4 grandchildren.
I am not in paid employement (I should add that neither do I claim any benefits), but give a huge amount of my time in voluntary work, which is all connected with cancer.    This has been driven by having cancer twice.
I don't want to give any detail here as no doubt I would end up repeating myself in later posts.  so where is this blog going, well my current thoughts are that it would be great fun sharing a blog with my eldest grandchild.  We love doing things together, so why not share some of it.  And then having worked to try and improve cancer services for 8 years now I have a lot to say on the subject.  And of course some random stuff thrown in.  So thats the future planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment